Item Code: 083501
- Children’s Parachoc is a lubricant laxative containing liquid paraffin.
- It contains no bowel stimulant so it’s suitable for long term use.
- Children’s Parachoc works by gently lubricating the bowel wall and softening the faecal mass.
- This makes the stool easier for children to pass and helps children achieve an ideal bowel movement.
- Always speak with your healthcare professional when treating constipation.
- Allow 3-4 days for the recommended dose to start to soften and move the stool through the bowel.
- Increase dose by 5mL increments after 3-4 days if the desired effect is not achieved.
- If oil leaks into the child’s underwear reduce dose by 5mL.
- Use Children’s Parachoc for up to 6 months under the guidance of your doctor.
- Children’s Parachoc is a gentle lubricant laxative.
- Unlike other laxatives it is not associated with side effects such as lazy bowel.
- Always read the label.
- Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Contains 50% paraffin oil
- Children’s Parachoc should be taken once a day only.
- After taking Children’s Parachoc children must not lie down for at least two hours.
- This reduces the risk of the paraffin being regurgitated and inhaled into the lungs.
- Inadvertent inhalation of liquid paraffin can cause serious respiratory problems.