Betadine Antiseptic Ointment 25G
Item Code: 248666
- Betadine Antiseptic Ointment is recommended for the treatment of common skin infections such as infected nails and tinea, as well as preventing infection in minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
- It is a bacterial, sporicidal, fungicidal and virucidal antiseptic.
- Not to be used in known hypersensitivity to iodine or povidone.
- If irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
- Discontinue if sensitivity or local irritation occurs.
- Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if known to have thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules, or other thyroid diseases (especially elderly patients) as there may be a risk of developing hyperthyroidism from the administration of large amounts of iodine.
- It should not be used for 4 weeks prior to treatment for cancer of the thyroid.
- Povidone-iodine preparations should not be applied over a long period and to large areas of the skin (e.g., not to more than 10% of the total body surface and for not longer than 14 days) unless strictly indicated.
- Contains 10% w/v Povidone-Iodine.
- Equivalent to 1% w/v available Iodine.
- Apply directly to the affected area two or three times daily or as directed.
- For external use only.